Sunday, March 20, 2011

On a dreary Sunday

I'm trying hard to find something to be grateful this dreary day.  I usually love Sundays, and today started out as no exception.  Until we were struck by the curse of Shelby!  My daughter is beautiful and strong spirited, very much like both myself and my husband.  The past few weeks she has just been so witchy.  It seems like she thinks its okay to call all of us stupid, or idiots...says "shut up" every three seconds and flies off on irrational rants whenever her mood strikes.  I suppose I was very much like that as a teenager, but being the youngest of three, it usually didn't phase my parents.  At the same time, I know that if I had said some of the things that she does to me, I would've been struck across the face and banished to my room for a week.  So either I have conveniently removed that from my memory, or I just was smart enough not to speak that way to my parents. 

I suppose I am grateful for "cooling off" periods.  Once I'm able to cool off, and calm down, she usually does too, and I can talk sensibly to her.  I am also grateful to my parents for dealing with me as a teenager.  I have much more appreciation for parents that successfully survive raising a teenager, and still have a life when they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment