Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Obvious...

Today, I'm grateful for the obvious...my husband.  Just because of family history and all the death we've had to deal with, I've always forced myself to imagine what I would do without my husband.  I'm so grateful I haven't had to find out.  We came close this time, almost seeing my husband die.  It was horrible, and all of the events that surrounded his aneurysm.  It is the reason I called this blog, "Living in a Dream".  I kept waiting to wake up, then several times had to remind myself that it wasn't a dream, it was my life.  So blah, blah, blah...now that most of the horrible is over and we're just dealing with the aftermath, I am so grateful that my husband is a strong person.  I have never seen someone go through having to deal with this big of a change in their life.  I know it affected all of us, but he is the one that it affected directly.  His whole life and perspective has had to change, and he has been so strong and determined to deal with it.  Yes, he waivered, and had some doubt in himself, but he struggles and overcomes his problems every day.  Last night he held me and told me he loved me.  It was so sincere I almost cried.  Just hearing those words, so perfectly said, made me realize how grateful that he is who he is and the fact that I have the privilege to be with him...enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment