Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A New Reality

Okay, so now I'm living in my new reality.  I am amazed on how little I get done!  I wake up every week day morning at 6 am to take my daughter to school, return for my son, then come back home and see what the day holds.  Right now my husband's therapy schedule is really light, so we have lots of time on our hands.  Neither of us is really a "house" person, meaning we don't love to do household projects.  I don't mind doing some things, like painting, or gardening, but it is the day to day stuff that gets in the way.  I am a terrible housekeeper!  I will look at something that needs to be cleaned for days, then finally force myself to get the vacuum out, or the ajax, and get to it.  My house would flunk the Martha Stewart clean standard. 

The new reality is that I can't imagine that I once held a full time job.  I have become a big time waster.  I spend a lot of time on the computer (even now!) and play games.  This is the worst, and I feel so guilty about that.  I'm going to try very hard to recreate my "new" reality and make use of the time that I have.  I'm going to clean, and get myself organized.  I'm actually going to use that paint that I bought last month and paint our bedroom.  I'm going to dig up the weeds and plant my annual veggie garden.  Today instead of cursing all the time on my hands, I'm going to be grateful that I have the time to do these things.  I AM grateful for time!

No comments:

Post a Comment