Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cooking up a storm...

I'm not sure why I added "storm", it just sounded good.  I love to cook.  I admit, I wish I had a more receptive audience.  They are hit and miss on some of my adventures in cooking.  I usually know what they will like and when I am risking a "dislike" from all of them.  Right now, Kipp is less critical and doesn't say much when he is less than pleased with a dish, but the kids have no problem voicing their opinions.  Tonight it was a fairly simple corn and crab chowder.  It was delicious, and everyone agreed.  I will be freezing the other half for a dinner on a busy baseball night in a week or two.  Although I would love to keep the leftovers for tomorrow, I know I'll be saving myself on a busy night after work when I'm too exhausted to even think about dinner (a suggestion from my therapist to freeze food for when I return to work, which I'm trying to follow through on).

So tonight I am thankful for a successfully made dish, and an addition to my favorite recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment