Monday, March 21, 2011

Just the little things...

It is so funny all of the things about my husband that have changed, but I really haven't admitted until now.  Most of them are just little things in his personality.  Besides the obvious impairments, here's a list of some of those little things that have changed:
1. He often speaks very loudly.  B.S. he was always hushing my children and myself because he felt we spoke to loud.  Now he is the loud one and it doesn't seem to bother him.
2. He is very obsessive about things.  He follows weather, particularly stormy weather, like he has never experienced it before.  He constantly wants to trim his facial and body hair.  He can't stand it growing even the littlest too long. He won't let things go...even though I try to make him forget (particularly about those issues that I need to take care of).  I think he is afraid that if he doesn't obsess over them, he will forget.
3. He talks to the animals.  He has always had a sensitive spot for the dogs, but never really admitted it.  Now he seems to enjoy interacting and talking with them.  It is very cute.  He also seems to really like our cat, which is a big switch.
4. Overall, he is much more pleasant, and not as moody as he used to be.  I now know that those headaches he used to have really had a reason (hence the aneurysm).

Those are just a few things, but today I am grateful for these things.  Most of them are welcome changes since I'm trying to be as positive as possible.  Honestly, I can't thing of any really bad changes since the stroke, except for his frustration with himself, but I think that is to be expected.  So thanks for those little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment