Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rediscovered...

So, today I returned to work after exactly 7 months off with Kipp.  I was so nervous leading up to it, but as soon as I stepped into my classroom, I felt fine.  As my day started, I started to get into that teaching groove.  Literally, in the middle of teaching a lesson on compound sentences, I just got that feeling that I love what I do.  I remember thinking, "Now this is why I love teaching!" Everything just felt right, like all the pieces fell into place for me.  So a "silver lining" to this whole mess with what happened to Kipp, and how we've really had to deal with a lot of crap, is that I've really rediscovered my passion for teaching.  I love being in the classroom, with the students, watching them absorb and learn new things, and actually have fun doing it.  Tonight, I am thankful for being a teacher and being given the opportunity to do what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment